In support of the University Mission, develop and lead co-curricular programs and services that link issues of diversity, multiculturalism, inclusion, intersectionality, globalization, internationalism and social justice to holistic student development.
· Develop, coordinate and evaluate a portfolio of annual programs designed to encourage students’ cultural and social awareness; provide socially and culturally responsive engagement; and initiate meaningful inclusivity/multicultural dialogues and foster diversity and multiculturalism on campus;
· Create internal and external partnerships that intentionally connect the curricular and co-curricular experience; building upon students’ knowledge of self, and understanding of diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice, and global perspectives. Represent the University at various internal and external functions, and serve on University committees as requested;
· Apprise the Division and Vice President of campus climate issues/concerns, investigate and resolve problems, provide advice and assistance as needed with campus and divisional peers;
· Provide a support network, including outreach, advocacy and other support services for all multicultural students (undergraduate, graduate, online, athletes, etc.) attending the University;
· Assist Admissions and Financial Aid staff with multicultural student recruitment and scholarship activities. Assist in the administration of Orientation, Welcome Week, and grant-supported programs (with increased responsibility during the months of June-August).
· Assist with relevant partnerships to ensure diversity, equity and inclusion efforts are at the forefront of the university agenda as outlined in the University’s Strategic Plan;
· Prepare, administer and Maintain departmental operating budget, website, social media, records and reports;
· Plan and coordinate trainings and workshops for University personnel and students in collaboration with Rivier University’s Diversity Council. Hire, train, and supervise work study students.
· Bachelor’s degree required plus three (3) to five (5) years of relevant experience, Master's degree preferred.
· Strong interpersonal skills with ability to advocate for and support the academic, personal and professional needs of underrepresented populations at Rivier University.
· Possess a working knowledge of key issues and best practices related to diversity, equity, inclusion, multiculturalism, and social justice.
· Strong organizational, administrative, and supervisory skills.
· Experience with program development, implementation and assessment.
· Ability to work effectively with all University constituents as well as external organizations.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Flexibility and adaptability in an emerging and changing environment.
· Experience with grant writing and administration desirable.
Dedicated to its mission of “transforming hearts and minds to serve the world,” Rivier University is guided by the faith heritage, intellectual tradition, and social teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. The faculty and staff are engaged in the education of the whole person in the context of an open and inclusive academic community that cultivates critical thought, sound judgment, and respect for all people. We especially encourage candidates who are committed to enhancing the racial, ethnic, or cultural diversity of the program to apply.
Rivier University offers a comprehensive benefits package to our full time employees that includes, paid time off, extended sick leave, medical insurance, dental insurance, flex spending account, retirement plan, tuition remission options, and a 403(b)plan match after 1 year of employment. Please visit our Benefits page for a summary of our benefits offered at: https://www.rivier.edu/administration/wp-content/uploads/sites/52/2019/01/2019-Benefits-Summary-FT-Staff.pdf
This position remains open until filled and review of applications will begin immediately, however those who submit application materials prior to June 21, 2019 will receive priority consideration. Interested individuals are invited to apply. And, while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter (with starting pay expectations), resume and the contact information of three (3) professional references to email@example.com. Applicants may also apply at: https://join.rivier.edu/Careers/Home/DirectApply/6097 or by mail: Office of Human Resources, Rivier University, 420 South Main Street, Nashua NH 03060. Rivier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.