Rivier University seeks a dynamic leader to serve as director of Counseling Programs in Mental Health, School Counseling and School Psychology.
Rivier has a strong commitment to behavioral health and substance use disorder issues through its newly created Center for Behavioral Health Professions and Workforce Development. Dedicated to its mission of "transforming hearts and minds to serve the world," Rivier University is guided by the faith heritage, intellectual tradition, and social teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. The faculty are engaged in the education of the whole person in the context of an open and inclusive academic community that cultivates critical thought, sound judgement, and respect for all people.
Located in Nashua, NH, just 45 minutes from Boston, Rivier has a rich history of supporting the academic and personal success of its students, both in broad-based learning in the liberal arts and in programs of professional practice, including business, education, nursing, counseling, and psychology. Having gained University status in 2012, Rivier now has over 70 undergraduate and graduate programs, including three doctoral programs, in education (Ed.D.), nursing (DNP), and counseling and school psychology (Psy.D).
The Director is a full-time, twelve-month, tenure-track faculty position; rank and compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Rivier's counseling programs adhere to a practitioner-scholar model and prepares graduates to be consumers of research that informs their practice as skilled professional delivering assessment, intervention, consultation, and preventive services to their clients and constituents.
- Teach graduate and doctoral courses, supervise practica and internships, and conduct internship seminar.
- Supervise faculty who advise, teach, and mentor graduate and doctoral students.
- Work with Enrollment Management to recruit and retain a diverse population of graduate and doctoral students.
- Oversee, evaluate and develop field training sites and clinical placements for graduate students.
- Advise and mentor doctoral students in school counseling and school psychology on dissertation committees.
- Develop and monitor data collection and analysis for program databases.
- Serve on Program, Division, and/or University committees.
- Oversee and maintain professional accreditation.