The Director of Human Resources reports directly to the Vice President of Finance and Administration. The Director will supervise and provide consultation to University management on employee recruitment, compensation, benefits, training and development, personnel budgets, payroll, employee handbooks and employee relations. The director will take a leadership role in developing a culture that enables employees to perform in accordance with the University's core values, objectives and strategic initiatives.
· Serve as advisor to the Vice President for Finance and Administration to develop and provide strategic human resource leadership for the University. Serve as the University's Title IX and sexual harassment coordinator.
· Effectively plan, design, implement and evaluate human resource programs, policies and related initiatives to support organizational strategic goals.
· Represent HR on relevant issues, i.e. hiring, safety, wellness, threat assessment and risk management, etc. Perform a variety of routine and complex administrative, technical and professional work in analyzing and administering various components of wellness and safety programs.
· Lead the University's plan to recruit and retain a diverse work force and create a supportive environment for diversity.
· Provide leadership and general supervision to Human Resources and Payroll staff.
· Accurately maintain the University's HRIS system and make informed business decisions based on data and statistics.
· Develop and distribute various reports on human resource metrics to ensure needs of the employees and the University are met. Complete required regulatory reporting such as IPEDS.
· Review adverse background checks, make recommendations on subsequent course of action; consulting with VP for Finance and Administration when necessary.
Personnel/Training & Development/Employee Relations:
· Serve as an internal consultant to vice presidents, department chairs, directors and managers on employee relations and personnel issues; including acting as facilitator, counselor and mediator in arbitrating disputes between employees and supervisors. Consult with legal counsel as appropriate.
· Direct the development and implementation of effective employee orientation and training programs on subjects such as, but not limited to, selection and recruitment, performance review management, harassment prevention, best practice policies and procedures, employment laws.
· Gather and coordinate necessary information and documentation to formulate responses to claims, hearings (i.e. unemployment, EEOC, etc.) and litigation related to employment practices.
· Assist management in the development of Performance Improvement Plan(s). Review requests for termination and provide recommendations and approval according to best practice, policy and legal guidelines.
· Develop and administer employee recognition programs.
· Coordinate and provide local, state and federal agencies with information required by law. Complete personnel surveys required for federal, state and professional organizations.
· Conduct and/or oversee required assessment activities. Supervise process for verification of immigration and citizenship I-9 status.
· Conduct all exit interviews.
· Master's Degree strongly preferred. Additional experience and/or applicable certifications (such as PHR and SPHR) also preferred.
· At least five years of human resource experience in a leadership or management role, including competency in recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits including payroll; professional development and training; safety; performance management; human resource policies, procedures and legal regulations; and employee relations.
· Experience in working in higher education preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to flexibly develop and maintain effective relationships with a variety of both internal and external constituents and demonstrated success providing professional advice and exercising good judgment on a variety of human resources issues,
· Demonstrated analytical skills in strategic planning, research, budgeting, staffing, and performance management.
· Demonstrated commitment to diversity, affirmative action, and equal opportunity in employment and operations.
· Ability to work confidentially with discretion.
· The ability and willingness to support the Mission of the University; and to work collaboratively and collegially.
Dedicated to its mission of “transforming hearts and minds to serve the world,” Rivier University is guided by the faith heritage, intellectual tradition, and social teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. The faculty and staff are engaged in the education of the whole person in the context of an open and inclusive academic community that cultivates critical thought, sound judgment, and respect for all people. We especially encourage candidates who are committed to enhancing the racial, ethnic, or cultural diversity of the university to apply.
Rivier University offers a comprehensive benefits package to our full time employees that includes paid time off, extended sick leave, long term disability, life insurance, medical insurance, dental insurance, flex spending account, tuition remission options, and a 403(b) plan after one year of employment. Please visit our Benefits page for a summary of our benefits offered at: https://www.rivier.edu/administration/human-resources/benefits/
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Interested individuals are invited to apply and while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter including starting pay expectations, resume, and the contact information of three (3) professional references to email@example.com. Applicants may also apply directly through https://join.rivier.edu/Careers website using the link:https://join.rivier.edu/Careers/Home/DirectApply/8115
Rivier University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, marital status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability in admission or access to, treatment in or employment in its programs and activities, and Title IX requires that the University not discriminate on the bases stated above.
Office of Human Resources, Rivier University, 420 South Main Street, Nashua NH 03060. Rivier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.